- I used this book as my primary study tool. It comes with a whole slew of companion materials like a pre-assessment test, flashcards and 3 full practice exams.
- I also found this LogicalSecurity site had helpful practice exams, and so did this Syngress site.
- The CISSP exam costs $600. You get 6 hours to finish 250 questions that are all multiple choice. I took the full 6 hours by going through the test once, taking a stretch break, going through the questions again, took another test break, then went through the questions a third time and called it a day. Some questions may not count for/against you, but you they aren’t marked as such, so you gotta give your best effort to every question!
- FAQ: “Is it hard? I’m in an unrelated field and now I want to be a CISSP – can I make the change?” I think that
- Don’t forget, when you pass the test your CISSP is not yet “official” – someone must attest to your skills/experience and you need to start taking CPEs to maintain your credentials!