7MS #320: Interview with Lane Roush of Arctic Wolf
Today's episode is brought to you by ITProTV. Visit itpro.tv/7ms and use code 7MS to get a FREE 7-day trial and 30% off a monthly membership for the lifetime of your active subscription.
This week I sat down with Lane Roush of Arctic Wolf to discuss the big hairy beast that is...(insert dramatic music here) logging and alerting! I work with a lot of clients (and you probably do too) who want answers to these questions:
- What in the world is going on in my network?
- How will I know if bad stuff is happening?
- If I do identify the bad stuff and attempt to eradicate it, how will I know if I've exorcised all the demons?
So Lane and I sat down to discuss this conundrum, and explore answers to other burning questions like:
- Why is it so hard to separate the signal from noise when trying to figure out what's happening in the bowels of your network?
- Should logging/alerting be a full-time job for one or more people?
- When does it make sense to outsource these responsibilities?
Check out today's interview to learn more, and also reach out to Arctic Wolf on their Twitter or LinkedIn for more information.