This week I dove into building a Cuckoo Sandbox for malware analysis. There are certainly a ton of posts and videos out there about it, but this entry called Painless Cuckoo Sandbox Installation caught my eye as a good starting point.
This article got me about 80% of the way there, and the last 20% proved to be problematic. I got some additional answers from the Cuckoo documentation but still left some answers to be desired.
Through a lot of Googling, banging my head against the wall and looking at the GitHub issues list, I finally got everything working.
I've taken my entire build process and included it as a gist at the end of this blog post. Enjoy!