7MS #154: Friday Infosec News and Links Roundup
- Patch all your Microsoft stuff - Krebs does a great job (as always) of giving you the skinny on what the patches fix, as does Qualys.
- It might be too late, but Google was offering 2 extra gigs of Google Drive storage by taking their security tune-up survey.
- VTech is back online and totally not responsible for your data. Keep an eye on their Facebook page because they are clearly still having issues.
- Thousands of FBI/DHS records were leaked but DHS has not yet confirmed/commented.
- Trinket.io lets you write and run code in the browser - great, I don't need to run a Raspberry Pi just for coding anymore!
- Maybe lets you see the effect a Linux command could have on your system before actually running it.
- SecurityHeaders.io lets you quickly see the headers (like CSP/HSTS) enabled on a Web site. I tested 7ms.us and got a big fat fail. I will work on this!
- Zoolander set a world record for longest selfie stick.