7MS #151: Friday Infosec News and Links Roundup
Here are some of my favorite stories and links for this week!
- NMAP course from Udemy - $24 for a limited time (I think)
- How to handle the the thoughtless compliance zombie hordes - by BHIS is coming up Tuesday February 16th from 2-3 ET. The price is free!
- Pivot Project touts itself as "a portfolio of interesting, practical, enlightening, and often challenging hands-on exercises for people who are trying to improve their mastery of important cybersecurity skills.
- It is absurdly easy for attackers to destroy your Web site in 10 minutes.
- Secure your home network better using advice from the SANS Ouch! newsletter.
- Chromodo (part of Comodo's Internet Security) disables same-origin policy which basically disables Web security. Wha?!
- Virus total now looks at firmware images as well.
- We can soon wave goodbye to Java in the browser forever!. Kinda.
- Here's a nice SSL/TLS-checking checklist for pentesters.
- Kali is moving to a rolling release configuration pretty soon. Update yours before April 15!